Easy Moves for Active Ageing (EMAA®)
EMAA® is a competency based course which equips participants with the skills to plan and lead safe, fun and evidence based group exercise classes for older adults. Easy Moves was developed by physiotherapists to develop understanding about basic anatomy, physiology, exercise prescription, falls prevention, and conditions related to ageing (including joint replacement, arthritis, & dementia).Topics include the role of physical activity in healthy ageing, flexibility, strength and balance, catering for special needs, class design, effective leadership, communication and practical teaching skills. Participants undertake practical and theoretical assessment in a supportive learning environment.
Up to 10% discount available to members
- Includes: two days EMAA® training, 6th edition EMAA® e-manual, two years EMAA® Leader Registration, morning tea and refreshments
EMAA® advances your skills as an active ageing leader:
- The course provides nationally recognised units of competency mapped to:
- SISCCRO001 Plan and Conduct Recreation Programs for Older Persons (also a recognised unit in Cert IV Allied Health Assistance and Cert IV Leisure and Health)
- SISCCRO302A Apply Legal and Ethical Instructional Skills
- SISFFIT011 Instruct Approved Community Fitness Programs
Active Ageing Australia delivers the course in partnership with recognised training organisations.
EMAA® leaders receive ongoing support from Active Ageing Australia and opportunities for education updates to reinforce and enhance skills.
Love the interaction with other like-minded people and hearing their experiences.
Thoroughly enjoyed the past two days. Leaving with a lot more confidence.
Very well run and enjoyable. No pressure. Learned a lot.
Enjoyed the course. Fun, and feel confident to do a class
Great program - engaging, informative, easy to deliver and wonderfully presented.