Falls prevention is everyone's business
Falls prevention knowledge and skills are essential for anyone working with or assisting older adults. The Monash NoFalls Exercise program significantly reduces the number of falls experienced by people 70 years and older.
The course is suitable for health professionals, health promotion practitioners, fitness educators, health educators and exercise leaders. It teaches the components, principles and guidelines for the effective delivery of the Monash University, Accident Research Centre, NoFalls Exercise program.
The More Stable More Able workshop teaches participants:
- What causes falls in the older population
- The impact of a fall for an older person
- Understanding balance and its significance for falls prevention
- Risk factors which increase the likelihood of falls
- How to manage risk factors
- The Monash NoFalls 15 week exercise program
- 22 exercises in total including warm ups, stretching, strength, vision, balance, and cool downs
- Home exercise program
The Monash NoFalls Exercises are suitable to be delivered to individuals or groups to community-based or low care needs clients.
Workshop leaderThe workshop is conducted by a physiotherapist.
Up to 10% discount available to members
- Includes one day training, NoFalls Exercise Manual, course materials, certificate, catering throughout the day