Moving for Life Your Way Workshop
Learn to effectively support older people to exercise safely and improve balance, strength, flexibility and joint mobility.
Moving for Life Your Way workshop teaches a series of safe and effective exercises, which are suitable for older people who are living in the community or in residential care facilities. The program also focuses on the benefits of physical activity, how to better understand and support positive behaviour change, and the importance of the Australian Physical Activity Recommendations.
The Moving for Life Your Way workshop suitable for anyone working with older adults (e.g. fitness leaders, allied health professionals, aged care workers, community workers, family members, volunteers, and carers) who want to support physical activity, improve independence and the quality of life in older people.
The workshop is conducted by a physical activity specialist experienced in working with older adults.
No prior knowledge or experience with exercise or physical activity is required.
Up to 10% discount available to members
- Price is per person - Includes 4 hour training workshop, course materials and a copy of the Moving for Life Your Way book.
- Better understand the importance of physical activity for wellbeing and independent living.
- Learn skills to help you become a powerful role model.
- Learn how to safely and effectively teach the Moving for Life Your Way exercises.
- Develop skills to support family, friends and community members.
- Understand how to support behaviour change within your community.
- Learn how improving strength and balance helps to maintain independence!
Well presented workshop. Easy to adapt and use workbook.
The workshop was great and a very valuable tool in promoting wellness and well being for everyone.
Discussion was great, as were the practical exercises. All very relevant to my work.
We learnt a lot of how to help others and ourselves.