AAA is committed to exemplary standards of integrity in all aspects of its affairs.The application and effectiveness of this Code is the responsibility of all staff, board members and volunteers of AAA.
- The Active Ageing Australia web site collects personal information when you register for a course, join or renew as a member, subscribe to a mailing list, order resources, or otherwise voluntarily provide such information.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and with your knowledge or consent.
- Personal information may be held electronically and/or in hard copy as necessary for administrative purposes.
- We may use your personal information to provide the requested AAA service or product and to provide you with information about opportunities which we think would be relevant to you.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will not disclose or sell personal information to third parties, including overseas recipients, unless we obtain your consent or as required by law.
- For each visitor to the site, we collect certain non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to: pages viewed while browsing the site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic and trends and improving our service to you.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- You can request access to the personal information that we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you. Such requests can be made by email to email@example.com.
- If you are listed on one or more of our email lists you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by sending a reply email with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line; or, where available, by using the ‘unsubscribe’ option noted in our email.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.